JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

Saturday, May 26, 2012

THE ULTIMATE TITLE - MOM!

 
A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, IT WAS!

Mother's Day was GREAT!  Hubby got up with the baby, changed her, fed her, bathed her, dressed her.  I haven't slept in, in, in, hmmmm, well since she was born!  And, although I loved every second of it, I felt a tad "guilty" laying in bed.  I am a mom, I don't lay in bed all day....Even on Mother's Day!

I woke up to some pretty special things from two pretty special PEOPLE!  It's my birthstone surrounded by four diamonds on each side.  This picture doesn't even do it justice!  I super duper, ooper, ooper duper love this ring!  My husband is the BEST!


And just when I thought I couldn't be happier....


$100 GIFT CARD FROM ONE OF MY FAVORITES...
THE BLACK ANGUS!

We didn't use it that night.  Hubby made homemade fried chicken, gravy, rice, and peas.

Looking forward to using my gift card soon; I'll post pics when I do.  Their food is phenomenal. 

It was a great day because I really just got to sit around and do nothing.  I mean nothing.  Hubby cleaned the house.  Not even a dish for me to do or a baby to take care of.  He did it ALL!


 ♥I love my family♥

And....
The Pièce de résistance....



This is music to a mom's ears, especially since she had speech delays due to her epilepsy.  Two months ago, Desi broke through her medicine and began to "seize" again.  So, back to the doctor we went....

She was started on a new medicine, Trileptal, and she has absolutely SOARED in her speech; not to mention the fact that she hasn't experienced any more seizures since the new medicine was started.  Just in a matter of days of beginning the new medicine, she started nonstop babbling, and day after day the babbling started to become words.  I am happy to say that (since I'm a couple of weeks behind in blogging) right now, she can also do her ABCs and name colors.  Plus, she can say her name....well a form of her name, she says "Desi Doo."  Because that's what she thinks we are calling her, when in fact we are actually saying Desilu (as in, I love Lucy). 

I am just a proud mama bird.  Watching her learn and watching her grow takes my breath away; I laugh more than I have in years.  When she smiles, she makes my day. 



I LOVE BEING A MOM...

 

1 comment:

  1. I followed you and I just started a blog, it's dutch. But you could use translate of course. Following me would mean alot!
    http://likearolemodel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete