JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

Monday, November 14, 2011

MY 1OOth BLOG! WHAT DID I WRITE ABOUT?


PRINCESS DESI....
 









video




video

As most of you know, our Desi was diagnosed with epilepsy earlier this year.  CLICK HERE TO READ
 
It was the hardest thing I've ever witnessed and been through, except for my mother and father dying.
 
Watching your daughter have an "attack," and you can't help them, is more than a mom can take. 
 
I am so pleased to tell you all what a HUGE progress Desi has made in the last few months.  Since beginning her medication and titrating to the correct dosage over time, it is like we have a new child.  We really had no idea how much the epilepsy was hindering our baby. 
 
 
In just a matter of a couple of months, she has learned to run, put words together and almost sentences.  It's like her speech just "accelerated" into overdrive in such a short time.  She can say "I love you," which is something a mom never tires from hearing!
 
Everything right now is, UM NO!  No matter what question you ask her, it's UM NO; and a very abrupt UM NO with a head nod!  Let's hope that is just a phase...
 
I am amazed at her progress, and so thrilled for HER that she has been able to "catch up."   



I LOVE YOU, BABY GIRL!

3 comments:

  1. Newest follower from the MBC http://whybecauseimthemommy.blogspot.com/

    Take care;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad she is doing better and as I said, I will be praying for your family. You really can see a difference in her and her smile. By the way, I love the slippers in the 4th picture. God Bless My Friend.
    Love
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so precious. I can't even imagine how hard it is to go through that. But it's good to hear she's progressing well. She seems like such a happy little girl! :)

    Following you from MBC. http://amommyslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete