JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

Sunday, October 23, 2011

HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY TO MY HUSBAND, AND...


HUBBY'S BIRTHDAY WAS OCT 20.  HE IS OFFICIALLY IN THE SAME DECADE AS ME, ONCE AGAIN.  HE IS THE BIG 4-0!  I'M A TAD OLDER THAN THAT...



I KNEW FOR HIS BIRTHDAY HE DEFINITELY NEEDED A NEW GPS FOR HIS TRUCK.  (EVEN THOUGH THIS IS HIS THIRD ONE)!  AND BELIEVE ME, IF IT WASN'T FOR HIS JOB, I WOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT HIM ANOTHER ONE.  AND SINCE I HAD A HARD TIME SWALLOWING BUYING ANOTHER ONE, THOUGH I DID, I SAID IT WAS FROM OUR DAUGHTER, DESTINI.
SO, WHAT COULD I GET HIM FROM ME THAT HE WOULD LOVE.  HMMMM....PONDERING,
THINKING, WONDERING, AND THEN I CHECKED OUR "BUCKET LIST!"  AHA!  PERFECT!!!
THERE WAS "SOMEONE" COMING TO TOWN ON THE DAY OF HIS BIRTHDAY THAT ACTUALLY WAS ON OUR "BUCKET LIST" TO SEE.  I WENT ONLINE TO PURCHASE THE TICKETS FOR THE BEST AVAILABLE SEATS, ROW 11, FLOOR SEATS, WAS THE BEST I COULD GET...SCORE!! 

IT JUST SO HAPPENS I FOLLOW THIS PERSON ON TWITTER TOO!  AFTER DOING SOME FACT CHECKING, I REALIZED THAT THIS PERSON COMING IN CONCERT, IT WAS HIS BIRTHDAY TOO!  SAME MONTH, SAME DAY, SAME YEAR!  BOTH OF THEM TURNING 40!  THIS WAS BEGINNING TO GET CREEPY; BUT OBVIOUSLY, IT WAS MEANT TO BE!

We were wayyyy early, because we were just so darn excited!



SO, WHO IS THIS FAMOUS PERSON WHO SHARES MY HUSBAND'S BIRTHDAY? 














The "DOGFATHER" of them all...

Yes-sir-ee, Snoooooooooop!
He enters, the crowd ROARS....





You know as I looked around before and after the concert, I was so impressed with all the diversity I was witnessing.  Sitting behind me and hubby was an elder gentleman, late 60s early 70s, with his Phoenix Suns T-shirt on and his Phoenix Suns hat on, had a whole row all to himself, and was at the Snoop concert! And certainly was having as good a time at the concert as all of us were.  There were young, there were old.  There were different races, different religions, gay and straight.  It's a shame a concert has such "diversity," yet in the real world it's all "sticks and stones" and a lot of nonsense fighting.  Just food for thought...

We had a BLAST! Hubby was thrilled and his birthday was a total success! 

Some might would say that a Snoop concert would be the last place they would want to go...for their own different reasons.  You may not like him, you may not like rap music, you may not like that he curses; but one thing he is, as he said at the end of his concert...

"I'M ALL ABOUT
PEACE, LOVE, AND HARMONY."


No comments:

Post a Comment