JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

Friday, September 23, 2011

GOOD AND BAD NEWS...ALL IN THE SAME WEEK!



It's always easier to start with the bad news and get it out of the way.  Today, we had to put one of our beloved pets to sleep.  It's so emotional.  I love her so much.  Though she was the latest addition to our pets, it feels like she has been here forever.  Five years! 

She has always been a little "different" than our other two cats.  She would dart out the door and sometimes not come back for weeks.  Other times she would leave for a day and come right back.  She was odd.  We just figured she had "friends" out there she wanted to visit.  Yes, she was fixed!  No babies!  She would always come home a little skinnier though, which led me to believe that she wasn't being taken care of by another family.  She was skiddish of everything and everyone, except me! 



Saying goodbye was hard, but to watch her suffer was even harder.  Though I couldn't do it myself, I said my goodbyes to her at home while Mr. Camel took her to the vet. 

I will miss you Mini Me, you were such a BIG part of my life

..................................................................................................

So, as I said, this whole week wasn't totally a bummer!  Though I have to be limited in what I speak on about Destini and our, what seemed like never-ending 2 year battle for her to become what she finally is as of Wednesday, September 21, 2011.....OURS! 

When you are seeking adoption of a child, quite naturally you are put through the most grueling court dates, legal documents, background checks, and LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY!  Believe me, these courts do not even make a copy of anything for you for free!  After all this process, it made me wonder how so many children can end up in the WRONG family : /  We see it on the news every day, very very sad.

We are thrilled to no end that OUR destiny was "Destini."  From the first day her biological mother came to us, at which time she was 4 months pregnant, I loved her already.  We spent days and nights about names (well I did anyway).  But, fortunately, Mr. Camel had already named her in his mind, and in the end, he won!

DESTINI LA'LONNI

ALMOST TWO YEARS LATER....HER FINAL COURT DATE ARRIVED!


MOMMY AND DADDY LOVE YOU!






2 comments:

  1. Your baby is beautiful, Im so sorry about you cat.

    Madam Idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm so glad you got your Destini!!! It couldn't have come at a better time for you. Sorry to hear about your cat. We recently had to put our 9 month old puppy to sleep. She had polycystic kidney disease ......very rare in the boxer breed.

    ReplyDelete