JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

JUDY FROM THE BLOCK

Friday, June 3, 2011

COUPONS...EXTREME? I'M ALL IN!


Yep, you know me, I am going EXTREME!  Hey, the price of food is too cray-cray (crazy) for me!  And believe me, I was always one of those chicks at the grocery counter bitchin and moanin about the coupon lady in front of me! I think I once said, "when elephants fly maybe I will!"
Nuf said...

I got really real about it last month, saving and couponing!  After finding out that my local Fry's actually takes all competitor coupons, I thought hmmmm, that could be some SAVINGS

A few weeks ago I went to the grocery store and spent about $230.  I saved with coupons and my Fry's discount card (which you can add downloadable coupons onto ahead of time), a total of $23 something.  I was proud of myself, that was huge just for me, a beginner! 

But since that last few weeks, I have been plotting a "coupon strategy" and put it to the test today, at Fry's!

                With my big HELPER!

        We were piled from top to bottom!!

Before my Fry's discount card and my cut-out coupons, my total today was $301.20.  After coupons and discount card, I paid $222.37.  That's right folks a $78.83 Savings! I couldn't be more stoked about that! 


Here are a few links below to show you how easy it can be!

http://www.coupons.com/

http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/ 

http://www.couponnetwork.com/

http://just4u.safeway.com/Couponweb/eoffers.aspx?pid=15136&nid=10&zid=pp27

**Remember to check your expiration dates before printing or loading to your card.

**Call your grocer to find out if they take competitor coupons.  That's where you want to shop!  (Some stores will "price-compare," but not take another stores coupons...not the same)!  Any stores coupons will do!  It can be Family Dollar, Target grocery, Walmart grocery, or whoever! They even take coupons that say if you buy $30 dollars worth of groceries, you get $3.00 off.  That is a guaranteed $3.00 coupon at Fry's no matter that it came from a different grocer!

I know one thing for sure, I have an extra $78 bucks this week in my POCKET!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome, I need to start doing that again. I've been known to save 50+% of my grocery bills in the past up to $150.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great. My SIL is getting into this I am going to e-mail this post to her. Thanks for sharing. I a following you back. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing this. I badly need to do this so we can save. Im your new follower.

    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted to try extreme couponing...but the places where i live don't do double coupons or have very many good deals... :( ... THanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love saving money at the store too!!
    I am a new GFC follower ~ found you on The Mom Bloggers Club!!

    Stop by and visit me at ~Mommy's Moments~ {{a review & giveaway blog} http://www.avonbykaren.blogspot.com

    THANKS!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete